- Hits: 11828
1. Which of the following is the form of selection that operates in most natural populations?
(A) Disruptive selection (B) Stability selection
(C) Kin selection (D) None of the above
2. _______________Sometimes occurs in situations where individuals of two previously isolated demes come back into sympatry?
(A) A neuploidy and polyploidy (B) Sympatric and allopatric
(B) Sympatric and poluploidy (D) Euplidy and neuploidy
3. If Mendel has chosen to work on seven characters in a plant species having only four chromosomes per somatic cell, then the most likely outcome would have been that he:-
(A) would have discovered blending inheritance
(B) could not have proposed that genes are located on chromosomes
(C) might not have discovered the law of
(D) might not have discovered the law of segregation
4. In humans, red- green colour blindness is recessive and sex linked while albinism is recessive and autosomal. A marriage between two homozygous parents, a normal versioned albino women and a colour blind and normally pigmented man will produce children:-
(A) Who are all phonotypically normal versioned have normal pigmentation.
(B) Half of whom are colour - blind and the other half having normal vision and all of them having normal pigmentation.
(C) All of whom have normal vision but half of whom are albino and the other half with normal pigmentation.
(D) Of the four categories, normal versioned; pigmented; normal versioned albine; colour blind pigmented; colour blind, albino; all in equal properties.
5. A rule, which states that, "During the evolution of lineage, serially homologous parts tend to reduce in number but get more and more differentiated" is ...............Rule
(A) Cope's (B) Bergmann's (C) Jordon (D) Williston's
6. T- DNA refers to
(A) DNA for information of tRNA (B) part of T1
(C) translocated DNA (D) transformed DNA
7. Non- histone Protins found in chromosomes help in
(A) Replication of DNA (B) Transcription
(C) BOTH 'A' & 'B' (D) non of these
8. We know that DNA is acidic in nature while, histones are the basic proteins so these two are closely associated together in a chromosome. An acidic proteins helps in association of DNA and hsitones. This is
(A) Nucleoplasmin (B) Histidine (C) Non- histones (D) Tubullin
9. Which cell organelle has maximum specific gravity
(A) Mitochonidria (B) Chloroplasts (C) Centrosome (D) Ribosomes
10. Chromosome number increases or decreases due to:
(A) Multiplication (B) Mutagenic change
(C) Genetic repete (D) Non- disjunction of chromosome
11. Crystal violet, the stain is chemically called
(A) Parasanilin (B) Pyronin (C) Triamino- triphenylmethane (D) Chloro-zinc iodine
12. Differential and gradient centrifugation of cell homogenates or, cell suspensions are done to separate-
(A) Various cell organelles & various macromolecules
(B) Cell organelles only
(C) Macromolecules only
(D) Nucleus & mitochondria only
13. What will happen to the rate of photosynthesis if sodium bicarbonate is added in the water having Hydrilla plant in a beaker-
(A) It will be retarded
(B) It will remain normal
(C) It will be accelerated
(D) None of the above
14. Complete oxidation of one molecule of acetyl Co- A results in the formation of:
(A) 12 ATP (B)15 ATP (C)9 ATP (D)38 ATP
15. Zig zag development of inflorescence axis is an example of
(A) helicoid cyme (B)scorpioid cyme (C) verticillaster (D) spadix
16. Bioherbicides have been recommended
(A) to prevent ecodegradation (B) because of their ready availability
(C) because of their cheap rates (D) because of their abundance
17. Nepenthes khasiana a rare and endangered pitcher plant occurs in India in
(A) Himachal Pradesh (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Kerala (D) Meghalaya
18. The rate at which light energy js converted into chemcial energy of organic molecules in the ecosystem's are
(A) Net primary productivity (B) Gross primary productivity
(C) Net secondary productivity (D) Gross primary productivity
19. Colchicines arrests which of the following stage of cell division?
(A) Prophase (B) Anaphase (C) Telophase (D) Metaphase
20. "All cells are derived from pre- existing cells "is called by:-
(A) Lamarck (B) Robert Hooke (C) Schultz (D)Rudolph Virchow.